Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Jewish cartoon contest: I am volunteering to be a judge

I am exhausted by all the sturm and drang of Butz, Irving, AAUP, and others. [I never thought I would string those two names with the AAUP. For details on AAUP see previous post of February 10th.]

I think I need a breather, so I have decided to volunteer to be a judge in the Jewish cartoon contest.

There are few people who can judge antisemitism better than I. [Not an accolade I claim proudly.]

Let's see if they will accept my offer.

1 comment:

chobers said...

Dear Dr. Lipstadt:

I am writing to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule in
order to serve in the difficult and demanding capacity of Judge for The
Israeli Antisemitic Cartoon Contest. I know you realize that this is no
task for Johnny-come-latelys or dabblers in this most esoteric niche of
cartoon judging.

Once again, on behalf of Jews, Israel-lovers, and silly goofballs
everywhere, I thank you.

Best wishes,

Steve Eisenberg
New Hampshire