Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Lipstadt's appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

Seems that Fox doesn't archive the show, but here is the Segment Summary of O'Reilly's March 21 interview with Prof. Lipstadt:


Personal Story Segment
C-Span Controversy
Guest: Deborah Lipstadt, author of "History on Trial: My Day in Court with David Irving"


Author Deborah Lipstadt has written a book about her legal battle with holocaust denier David Irving, who sued Lipstadt for libel. C-SPAN invited her to talk about the book, but the network insisted that Irving also be interviewed. "C-SPAN is a very important venue for authors and they asked me to be on and I was delighted," Lipstadt told The Factor. "Then I learned they were also going to put Irving on after me, creating a debate which I have avoided on principle. He says there was no Holocaust ? he says some Jews may have died, but just a few. It's the most convoluted political correctness ? they wanted to put him on for balance." Lipstadt refused to appear under those circumstances, and The Factor applauded her decision. "You were smart not to go on with him. You'll sell more books here."

No comments: