Friday, March 10, 2006

Attacks on Lipstadt for references to Armenian genocide

There have been a number of people -- including those whose comments I have posted on this blog -- who have attacked me for being concerned "only" with the Armenian genocide.

When other folks have taken them on, e.g. the Artyom Reader, and said that I was being unfairly attacked, my critics have responded by saying things such as "it’s sad that some people feel the need to go and bow in front of people like Lipstadt just because she mentioned the ‘Armenian genocide’.

Though these negative comments have not come from a lot of people, they have been pretty voiciferous in their critiques of me. [Some were so obnoxious that I stupidly deleted them, which I now regret doing.]

I find this all very strange. A simple Google search of lipstadt + Armenian will bring up a number -- though certainly not all - my references to and comments, many of the quite public, about the Turkish denial of the genocide of the Armenians.

Some of my statements have even been posted on Armenian websites, placed in the Congressional Record, and reported on at top American universities, e.g. Princeton.

Given this easily accessible record, I can only assume that there is another motive behind these attacks. But what is it?

I have to wonder. It seems there is another agenda here but I can't figure out what it is.

1 comment:

hockey hound said...

"Many Turks react with similar aggression"

This is a uniquely Muslim reaction. This "aggression" is a singular phenomenon characteristic of Islam and Muslims.

"One takes care not to say “genocide” not because it wasn’t a genocide but because one cannot bear the prospect of all the furious letters from Turkish sympathisers."

Blogger was so offended when he mistakingly thought I was "denying" the Srebrenicia genocide perpetrated against Bosnian Muslims, yet here he/she is
advising us to "take care not to say 'genocide' for fear of offending Turkish Muslims. I guess when it's Armenian Christians who are victims of Muslim "aggression" it's permitted to be politically reticent.